About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Church and a Sunday stroll

I've actually been looking forward to taking my parents to our new church. It has been very difficult finding a place we feel we belong and are excited to share our faith with our children until we started going on base. In Nebraska we tried the base church and didn't get the feeling we were looking for so it wasn't the first place we checked out when we moved here. After trying a few churches, we accidentally got enrolled in one in Surprise. We went for one of their meet and greets and thought we were signing an attendance thing, but ended up being an enrollment form. We continued going to that church but never felt the feeling of HOME we were looking for. We signed the boys up for religious education classes but were informed that I would probably have to homeschool Jayen and still pay the regular tuition amount. A little disappointing! One day we tried the base chapel and really liked it. The kids went to children's liturgy, just like our parish in Nebraska, and really enjoyed it. I think the suckers and bracelets they received helped make their minds for them! But we all just felt a sense of belonging here that we were desperately seeking. I was excited to share that with my parents. Once a month the parish hosts a donut social. Thankfully, it happened to be this week. Mom and Dad were both able to score some delicious donuts and meet some of the people in the parish we have come to know!
After the kids' Sunday school, we packed up the car and headed for THE GRAND CANYON! I have never seen it before and am excited to do this with my whole family! Matt was able to score a day off of work, so we spent as much time at the canyon as we could before we headed back down the mountain towards Sedona. We stayed at a hotel in Sedona then were able to check out the sites there in the morning.















The Grand Canyon was absolutely breathtaking! I couldn't get over the natural beauty of this place. And my mom couldn't get over the fear of one of the kids falling off the cliff! I had the most amazing time seeing one of the wonders of the world. Thanks so much for sharing it with me, Mom, Dad, Matt and kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment