About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Monday, November 23, 2015

News

After stewing on it and a little help from my smarty pants friend, Kourtney, this is what we came up with.

Mr. Kerr,
 
Thank you for the email. I decided not to respond on the weekend so you could enjoy your days off.
I can understand your concerns about the distractions in the classroom, but would like to address them. I feel that without the opportunity to observe Jayen's whole day, future and repeated observations would be necessary.
I feel strongly that it would be better to have one day with minimal distraction rather than multiple days. Likewise, without observing from start to finish, I do not feel I am able to give accurate input on successfully incorporating and utilizing Jayen's communication device.
I can also understand your administrative staffing concern, but would like to offer a suggestion here as well. Would there be another adult who could accompany me some or part of the time- a counselor or psychologist?
I would like to plan on being present for the entirety of one full 2.75 hour day for Jayen. If my presence is a distraction, I am more than willing to take that into consideration and make a decision that is best for the classroom and school. How do you address this distraction when volunteers are in the classroom? I would love to follow those best practices to ensure I create as minimal of a distraction as possible.
 
 
I was bracing for the response, but wasn't quite prepared for what I received. I have been saying this was going to happen for a very long time now.
Ms. Hochstein,
We will work out a whole day schedule​, I just got news today that Ms. Van Pelt has submitted a letter of resignation so I will need a teacher in Kinder the rest of the year. district is looking into that and so are we. I am not sure you will get much out of observing a substitute. You are more than welcome to come in any day next week. Let me know!
Thanks,
Mr. Kerr
 
 
I don't even know what to do anymore. I can't take this. How am I supposed to keep fighting? This fight is overwhelming. I can't let Jayen down and I can't let him continue to fall through their cracks. But I'm so tired of fighting.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment