About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Sunday, November 22, 2015

What is there to hide?

I finally received a response from the principal about visiting Jayen's school. I'm at a loss at to what I should respond. I would like to be there for the whole day (as their day is only 2 1/2 hours long) and can't always get someone to watch Brilyn so I can go in. Yes, I feel two extra adults in the classroom would be distracting, especially if I have a chaperon by my side the entire time. I was never chaperoned in Nebraska. The teacher was in the classroom to make sure I was never doing anything she didn't approve of. It was such an open door policy. I want that back. I want to be able to have an open and trusting relationship with Jayen's teachers. Why does it feel like they have so much to hide?

Hey Ms. Hochstein,
When we have visitors to the classroom, our procedure is to make sure the classroom environment has as few disruptions as possible. There is no training but with visitors to the class are normally accompanied by an administrator. Thus the one hour limit is for admin! I do not mind if you are in for the whole time but I think that Jayen would be disrupted by your presence that makes it tough on the teacher. What do you think?
Mr. Kerr

No comments:

Post a Comment