About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Monday, December 28, 2015

Goodbye's SUCK!

With our limited time in Nebraska we are trying to squeeze in as many visits as we can. After finally getting everyone out of bed and dressed for the day we headed up to Yankton to see my Grandma Foxhoven. I had a present for her, thanks to my friend Kerrie, that I thought she would love. Grandma caught pneumonia right before the holidays and had to be hospitalized. I would normally be able to walk across the yard to see her, but this time was different. It really made me realize how fast time is flying. How little time I have with my loved ones. I don't want a moment to go by without letting them know how much they mean to me. Grandma's present was a plaque engraved with, "Grandma Prayers are the reason most of us are still here!" I knew she would like it, but also knew it was my turn to start praying for her. My grandma has prayed more rosaries for my family than years I've been on the earth. She prayed for us when we were trying to get pregnant, she prayed for us when we found out about our second pregnancy was a little different, she prayed for us when Jayen started having seizures, and she has continued to pray for us daily! I can't thank her enough for her healing prayers. It was so great seeing her, but we couldn't stay too long (or we all would have melted! I guess we are supposed to be used to that heat coming from Arizona, but her room was set at 90 degrees. Too hot for anyone to handle.) I was so glad I got to see her and tell her I love her, but also to pray for her.
 
 
 
After visiting with grandma we had to make another stop while in Yankton, we tried visiting with the Kapla's but they were not able to meet up with us so we wasted our time the best way we knew how...BONANZA! Not only do I love Bonanza, but I love Bonanza with my huge, crazy, obnoxious family. There is nothing like getting a table for nearly 20 of us and laughing so hard milk comes out of someone's nose. There wasn't enough room at the adult table, so when my mom joined us we so graciously gave her the remaining seat at the kids table. I think she kind of like it. I really can't get enough of this time with my family. I smile and cry when I see they kids playing together. I've always dreamed of my kids having such an amazing relationship with their cousins. I'm so grateful for the times we do have.






I'm also grateful for the time my kids get with their aunts and uncles. After Bonanza we headed to Hartington to hand out with Matt's dad and brother Adam. Typically Adam eats with us and leaves to head to some friends house, but this time was different. He really stuck around and was interested in what the kids were doing. I never told him, but I'm so thankful he did. I'm sure he had other places to be or cooler friend to be with, but he choose us. He played Minecraft with Dalan, catch with Jayen and a golf ball drop with Brilyn. He made each and everyone of them feel special. Which made me feel special! We were even able to play a game of Kings Crowns, Dallas' favorite card game. These are some of my favorite memories. Cards are always a big part of a Hochstein gathering. I couldn't imagine it any other way.
 
 
 
 
 
Saying goodbye is always hard. I hate them! You never know what tomorrow will bring. You never know when it will be your last goodbye. Not only did we have a hard time saying goodbye to Great-Grandma Foxhoven, Grandpa Hochstein, and Uncle Adam but Dalan really hates saying goodbye to our dog Josie. Thank you Dallas for keeping her for us. I love that Dalan still gets to see her. Of course, now I have to listen to him ask 100 times when she gets to come live with us again.

No comments:

Post a Comment