About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Play date

We are still desperately trying to get ABA therapy set up for Jayen. There is a program in Arizona covered by Medicaid similar to ABA called Hab Masters. We thought this would be a great substitution until we could get a good ABA program going, but according to DDD here, you have to be under 4 when you start the program. How could we have possibly started the program when he was 4 if we didn't live here then but he was in a similar program where he did live? I've fought this decision but continuously fail. 
My friend, Kerrie, has been raving about her BCBA (board certified behavior analyst). I was overjoyed when she asked a favor of me. Kerrie wanted to know if Jayen could come over for a play date with Conor while her BCBA was there. The boys have played together before and know each other, but never in such a small, personal setting. I was interested to see how they would both do. 
The boys did so well! They played trains together; not necessarily with each other but beside! They intermittently helped the other put a track together or clean up the trains when they were finished. They didn't fight over the toys or iPads! When the play date was finished they were rewarded with fruit snacks! 
I can't wait to do this again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment