About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Texas rangers clinic

About a month ago I received an email from one of the staff with the city of Surprise informing me of a baseball clinic put on by the Texas Rangers; their spring training is held here at the Surprise stadium. I wasn't sure if this would be too advanced for Jayen but thought he would enjoy it anyway. I was able to RSVP before all the spots filled up. They were limited to 45 kids. Today when we showed up for the event I was blown away! There were players and coaches outside welcoming everyone into Dream Catcher Park (this is where we play buddy ball), on the fence behind home plate was a jersey stitched with each of the kids' names, colored wrist bands were given to indicate what group the kids belong to, and stations were set up with baseball skills but based on ability of the group that was at the station. This truly was a magical experience. We can't thank the recreation department, the Texas Rangers and all the volunteers who made this such an amazing experience. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment