About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Monday, April 25, 2016

boating

Not sure how we were fortunate enough to all get the day off today, but we will take it. We thought it was going to be a great day to take the boat out, but Mother Nature obviously had other plans. Matt worked on getting everything ready the night before so when we woke up we ate breakfast then headed to the lake. The last time we were here I got a boating ticket so I already wasn't too keen on the idea of going again but I knew it would make everyone else happy. I can't say that was the outcome of the day, but it was nice to use the boat we are paying to keep in storage. As soon as we got there we could see how choppy the water was. We were hoping we could find a inlet and the water would be a little smoother. It was very choppy but we took it slow enough and found a place to stop and fish. Daddy had to jump out on the shore and tie the anchors around a couple of trees so we wouldn't move, but it worked for a little while at least.
With not much luck catching anything, the kids quickly became impatient. We put the poles away and ate a little lunch. We were going to try a couple more spots to fish but the water was extremely choppy we decided to call it quits. As we were trying to make our way back to the doc the wind started to take our sun shade. I had to drive as Matt took down the shade. I didn't feel comfortable driving trying to steer away from the rocks, trees, and mountains in the water. I quickly gave the wheel back to Matt and found myself holding on for dear life!
What was supposed to be a nice relaxing day on the lake turned out to be nothing of the sorts. I can't wait to be back in Nebraska and have our nice boating lakes back!






No comments:

Post a Comment