About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Saturday, December 10, 2016

Sensitive Santa 2016

Yesterday, I still wasn't feeling amazing but I had so much to do that I couldn't stop to feel the pain. I was able to start a claim through my insurance, arrange a pick up for a rental car and arrange the tow for my vehicle to a dealership to get an estimate of repairs. I was so worried they were going to total it out. I love not having a car payment and really didn't want to go back to having one. As soon as I drove away from the rental place I headed straight for the pharmacy to pick up my pain meds. I swung by to pick up Brilyn from school then met Matt at the house. He thought his test went well, but I still worry that I ruined it for him. I took some meds and headed to bed. I slept long enough for the meds to wear off so I could drive to the Autism Academy with supplies for the Sensitive Santa event. I may have been yelled at for being there, but I know none of them would have missed it either. I did what I could, but felt helpless at the same time.


As soon as I got home I took some more pain meds and went back to bed. I can't thank Matt enough for giving me the time I needed to rest. Bright and early the next morning I was up and headed back to the Autism Academy. Today was the day I had worked months for. I wasn't missing. No matter how bad I felt. I tried smiling through the pain and somehow managed to make it through the day. It was such a success. There were so many kids who were able to meet Santa and sit by him for the first time because of our event and the work we put into it. It was so rewarding.






These ladies are all so amazing and I can't thank them enough for allowing me to be part of it all. To another successful event and to all a good night. Thankful for pain meds and a soft bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment