About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

The Celebration of Christmas

Since my friend Bonnie told me about it, I was looking forward to The Celebration of Christmas performed by Dream City Church. We went last year and couldn't believe our eyes. It was the most magical performance I have ever seen. They really go all out! There were live camels, horses, flying acrobatics, floating angels, and Olaf! I knew I wanted to make this a family tradition. I was able to get tickets again this year through Hope Kids, but it just happened to be on a night dad could not get off of work. We were so disappointed, but went without him.




Once again, the performance didn't cease to amaze! They really drive the message, as well, that you should reach out to others this time of year. Christmas is far more than presents, we should all be there for our neighbors, friends and family. There was one specific part of the program where a military veteran is in a deep, dark place. He comes on stage wearing his camouflage jacket and Jayen immediately started screaming, "Dad"! The military member was eventually greeted by other veterans and invited to join a support group. They jump forward a little and show his recovery and how he turned his life around. At the end of the production he actually meets up with his broken family and reunites with open arms. It was so touching and, of course, I couldn't stop crying. The production is always amazing, but the message is even more touching.







So thankful for this amazing start to the holiday season. Thank you Hope Kids and Dream City Church for inviting us to be part of your celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment