About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Snow Day, the only kind we get here in the desert

Since we don't get snow days anymore, we decided to make our own. Tomorrow, dad has to go back to work so we made a day trip up to Flagstaff to play in the snow. Apparently so did the rest of the city, on our way up the mountain we learned that two of the places we were going to try to go were already at capacity and weren't taking anymore people. We decided to try Fort Tuthill first. There was a little mound of snow near a parking lot that other people were sledding down, but we decided to drive a little further into the woods and found a spot isolated from others. Our smiles couldn't be hidden, well maybe under our snow gear, at the excitement from seeing and playing in snow!




Dad helped build a luge course for the kids to slide from the top of the hill to the bottom. After a few modifications, they were sliding all the way down with so much speed it was knocking them off their sleds at the bottom. We built a snowman and made snow angels too! The only thing missing was the hot chocolate. I guess it is time we head back down the mountain and get some before it gets too late.

















The giggles and laughs were worth the two hour drive there and the two hours back! Hope we can do it again soon! We all really miss the snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment