About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Thursday, December 29, 2016

The missing pieces

We've been waiting impatiently for the arrival of Grandma and Grandpa Kuchta! They took vacation time to come spend with us over the holidays. Daddy had to work today, so we headed to the airport without him. We had to be there bright and early but their flight was delayed so we had to continue to wait! After nearly an hour, we could see them walking our way. The kids were still holding up their signs and greeted them with amazing hugs! We finally had some of the missing pieces we were feeling this holiday season. We had family with us!









After grabbing their bags we headed to get a quick bite to eat. Since Matt was working, we were able to meet him near the base and he was able to join us. So we went home and let Grandma and Grandpa settle in. I guess a four hour nap was what they considered settling in. The kids couldn't wait any longer! As soon as they woke, we put them right to work. Grandpa is known for his amazing chicken noodle soup. We purposely saved the extra turkey from Christmas for our own batch of Grandpa's turkey noodle soup. Grandma cut up the turkey and Grandpa taught the kids how to make homemade noodles. I remember doing this with my dad when I was growing up and now I had my dad in my kitchen showing my kids. Couldn't be any happier than I am right now.









The kids loved cutting up the noodles and loved finding their noodles in their soup when eating it. We could clearly tell which noodles were Jayen's and sometimes which were Brilyn's. So happy they learned from the master! So happy we have family here to share it with!

No comments:

Post a Comment