About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Friday, December 30, 2016

Tamale New Years Eve

After being included in the neighbors tamale day event, Christian, Eva, Matt and I have been planning our own event. We knew we wanted my parents to experience it too (and we wanted to make more tamales fill our freezers)! We thought it would be a fun way to celebrate New Years Eve too. When the event starts with shots you know it's going to be a good night.



57 dozen tamales is 6 hours! We made pork, beef, chicken, deer, queso, hatch chili and turkey. And many, many margaritas! The kids were great helpers too. Jayen's favorite job was olive station; he ate more than he put in the tamales! We worked until we ran out of meat. Matt even attempted to fill them with whatever leftovers he could find in our fridge. But we cleaned it all up and were able to play some minute to win it games I prepared for us to play. So many laughs!

Face the Cookie
Contestants must start with a cookie on their forehead and using only face muscles, move the cookie from forehead to mouth without dropping it.


Brennan thought he had it in the bag, but that position didn't help him any.

Dakota was the winner! He even managed to complete the task with Brilyn on his lap. Man, she wouldn't leave him alone!
We moved on to a game my mom played with my family when they had their Christmas party. We hit up the target after Christmas sale and stuffed every piece of candy and some toys inside of a saran wrap ball. One player must put on a Christmas stocking and a pair of gloves then attempt to unwrap the saran wrap ball. The player to their left has a pair of dice and must roll doubles. Once the doubles are rolled they yell doubles and pass the dice to their left. The player unrolling has to pass the rolled ball to the person who just rolled doubles. Whatever comes out of the ball while it is in your possession is yours to keep.





The kids were laughing, crying in frustration, and sugar highed up! So were the adults! We were doing our best to stay up until midnight. When the fireworks started going off in the neighborhood we ran outside to find them. Of course, this prompted Matt to dig out his. What a fun day hanging with family and friends (who have become our family)! Thank you everyone for making my stomach hurt from laughing, margaritas, and tamales. What a great way to ring in the New Year!




No comments:

Post a Comment