About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Friday, March 24, 2017

Persistence

After two day of stuffing, we have finally finished! The kids were such big helpers. We were able to stuff all the eggs for the Arizona Autism Network of the West Valley's Easter picnic this weekend. I love talking to the kids about giving back and helping others. We really had great conversations about what they could do for others and how they could make others feel included. I wish there were more days and times like these; just quiet reflections about life. 








Some of the toys didn't fit inside of the eggs, so Jayen confiscated one before I could get it in the box. He choose a yo-yo. At first I was mad because he wanted to play with it so bad but could not get it wrapped up again and brought it to me repeatedly. So I tried showing him again how to do it and by the second time he got it! He was rolling up the yo-yo independently!!!! Had I taken the toy away from him, he would not have had that opportunity. I'm so proud of her persistence and strong will (well, in this case I am!). Jayen Hochstein you never cease to amaze me. Just when I think you can't do something, you go and prove me wrong. Keep doing it buddy. You will go further than my mind could even imagine!




No comments:

Post a Comment