About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Luv2Play

We don't usually add extra activities to our week day because we are so crazy busy with therapy, homework, dinner, baths and bedtime that there really isn't time to squeeze anything else into our day. But our friends Kerrie and Conor wanted us to join them in checking out a new place that opened in town. We haven't been able to play with them in a long time so we decided to bite the bullet and go for it. We had therapy until 5 then rushed home and shoved some food down the kids, then rushed to meet them at Luv2Play. It reminded me a lot of the activity center at Mahoney State Park but on a smaller scale. There were slides and ball pits and laughs all around. I was so impressed with so many things at this place. From the moment we arrived I was pleasantly surprised with their special needs discounts. I've never seen that before. What an amazing idea. Kerrie and I were checking out the place to see if it is somewhere we could have a monthly autism get together for our AZANOW organization. What a special thing to have a discount for special needs kids as well as a sibling discount when you are bringing the whole family! 
I continued to be impressed by the amount of staff walking around watching everything but each with a rag and cleaning solution in their hand. I don't know if this was because it was the end of the night or if it was their policy, but they were constantly cleaning. That is huge in my book. Jayen is always catching germs and getting sick every time I turn around. If they are cleaning as often as I noticed he is less likely to catch something at such a pubic place like this! 
We scoped out the exists and strategically placed ourselves where we could keep an eye on the kids and the exits at all times. I was also able to scope out the food service area. There were two young adults in the kitchen area messing around with ingredients. They were so nice and informed me that they are both students at the culinary institute and were trying to create new menu items. Again, impressed! The items on the current menu looked appetizing and somewhat healthy. Their food bar had choices for the very young, individual portions of puffs and yogurt melts, as well as healthy options like hummus or veggies. 
I think the kids, young and young at heart, all enjoyed themselves. I'm so glad we went out of our norm and tried this place. I can't wait to go back again. Thank you Kerrie, Mandi and Conor for inviting us!













No comments:

Post a Comment