About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Saturday, March 18, 2017

FU BOB!

He's here! He's here! He wasn't sure whether to come for Jayen's basketball game or during Spring break, but I'm so glad we decided on Spring break. Now we get to actually spend time with our "Favorite Uncle (FU) Bob".
We picked him up from the airport bright and early and asked him if he was ready to hit the ground running. His flight got in around 7:30 in the morning but that didn't stop us. We grabbed him and his bags and headed straight to Hole in the Rock. Jay and Abby Foxhoven found this place when they came to visit. It is such a fun place. I'm glad they discovered something for us that we can share with others. We were all excited to hike to the top, but Matt and Dalan decided to make it a little more challenging and hiked up the ravine instead of using the trail. I guess at times it was a little scary but they persevered and made it up with the biggest smiles I have ever seen.




After the hike we headed towards McCormick Stillman Railroad park. Raising Special Kids, the local parent training institute, as well as the Autism Society of Greater Phoenix were having their annual picnics. We had gone to this event in the past and loved it. We thought it would be a fun place to spend the afternoon. There was FREE horseback riding, petting zoo, carnival type games, train rides, rock climbing wall, carousel rides, and hotdogs, chips, and drinks. We played until we were too tired to move. The sun took a lot out of us.










So it was no surprise that everyone feel asleep in the car on the ride home. We couldn't stay forever since tonight was also a baseball night. We were able to stop back to the house and change into our baseball gear, fill up water bottles then head right back out the door again. I'm so glad Uncle Bob was able to be there for buddy baseball. It is one of our favorite things to do here in Arizona. He was even able to help Jayen be the honorary flag holder.


So glad you are here Uncle Bob! Can't wait to spend this week with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment