About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Our last day with dad

This day is such a sad day that I don't know if celebration is the right word for it, but we tried to celebrate as much as we could. We knew the inevitable was upon us and tomorrow morning when we wake up a piece of our hearts will be missing. So tonight we spend time together; every second we can squeeze out of this day.




One of the things we love to do together is make sushi. We celebrated and toasted to a good trip for dad and good kids for mom. When we were done we finished the night with some cascarĂ³nes. After the Easter fiasco we wanted to try to introduce them to Jayen again in a safe environment. We want to try to help him work through his fears We never shy away from things that scare him. We want to expose him to them and help him understand his feelings. We took them with us on vacation but never found the right time to do them. Well, I guess now was as good of time as any. But this time went just as well as the first time did. Jayen still wanted nothing to do with them. He screamed and cried and threw a fit (and the broom). It wasn't the end of the night we were hoping it would be, but it was a good laugh for the rest of us.






Thankfully Kerrie was able to lighten the mood when she brought over this amazing surprise. She took a picture from our vacation and printed it on acrylic with a texture print. She said that even though Matt wouldn't be close enough to feel us that he could feel this picture of us and feel near. What a thoughtful gift. Thank you Kerrie for being such a great, thoughtful friend!


We love you Matt and will miss you horribly. Be safe! Come home soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment