About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Monday, April 24, 2017

Vacation Day 4

We woke up this morning rested and ready to spend our last day in San Diego. I really wanted to take the kids to La Jolla cove to see the sea lions. Matt, Dalan and I were here 7 years ago for my cousin's wedding and fell in love with the place. I wasn't sure how Jayen would react to being so close to the animals but I knew it would still be worth the drive. The views were amazing and awe inspiring.




We spent much of our time on the sidewalks above the sea lions. Jayen felt safe with the distance between us, but when dad decided to go down the steps to the shore line and near the sea lions Jayen was not having it. He was not going and was not happy that his dad and siblings were that close. After they came back to safety we walked a little further and found a cove we could walk down the steps to play on the shore. I really wanted to take the kids into the cave, but knew Jayen wouldn't go for it so we stayed near the shore and watched the sea lions swim and play near us.




When I was researching things to do in San Diego I came across the USS Midway museum. I thought it would be something neat to check out. After leaving La Jolla cove we headed straight to the museum. I couldn't believe how big the ship was. I was in awe of all it takes to run a ship like this; the manpower, the equipment.












The kids loved playing with all the equipment and sitting inside the jets. They were having so much fun. When we were on the upper deck we could see out into the harbor. Straight across we could see another Navy ship. Since we knew that Dalan's friends Aidan and Billy's dad were just on a boat that got back today we were curious if this was the one they were just on. We were able to see the number on the ship and sent a message to one of the moms and she confirmed that was the ship they were both on. How cool to not only be on this Navy ship but to also see the ship our friends were just on!




We spent a few hours exploring the ship before it was time to start heading home. I even managed to convince dad to recreate this iconic picture with me. I've always wanted to do that!
We had the most amazing time in San Diego and really don't want to leave. Reality is facing us dead in the face and we know that we will have to give up dad soon. I'm not ready for any of it. Six weeks without my best friend is going to be tough. As tough as it is going to be for me, there is one little boy I am more worried about. Dad is his best friend and I'm not sure how he is going to survive six weeks without him. Pray for all of us please!

No comments:

Post a Comment