About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Friday, April 21, 2017

Vacation Day 1

Road Trip! We let the kids in on the secret and shared that we were all heading to San Diego for a long weekend with dad before he leaves. We were so lucky they had a cancellation at Del Mar and we were able to get a villa right on the beach. Although we don't love being in the car, we have all gotten quite used to it. Jayen found a way to relax and get through the 5 hour drive.


We had never been south of Phoenix so it was interesting to see some of the sights. At one point the interstates actually crossed over each other and we were driving on the left side. Another time we were so close to the Mexico border that we could actually see the border fence. This brought up so many questions for Dalan that I couldn't answer. "Why does Trump want to build a wall? Can't they get over a wall if they can get over a fence?" Yeah, buddy I don't know why.




The drive was long but was worth every second of it when we finally got to see our accommodations for the next couple nights. We were so close to the beach we could literally smell it. I think everyone had their clothes off and ready to jump in before all the bags were even unpacked from the car. We were in a one bedroom villa but it was just perfect for us. Mom and dad stole the bedroom and had the kids in the living room with their air mattresses.






They were dressed and ready to go but had to wait on mom and dad to help them get their sunscreen on. Hurry Up!!! The second everyone was lathered up our toes were in the sand!



















The laughs and giggles, smiles and shrills of excitement melted my heart. Why have we not done this sooner? The kids and I jumped waves, built sandcastles, dug holes, used our squirt guns, searched for seashells, and laughed without any electronics and hardly any fighting. It was truly a magical day that was only going to get better! Dalan's classmate from Nebraska moved around the same time we did. They have stopped to see us a couple times in Phoenix when visiting family so we knew we wanted to try to get together with them when we were in their area. I unfortunately wasn't able to get ahold of Jennifer while we were close to their house so she decided to pack up her three boys and head an hour North to us. I grabbed some pizza and drinks and met them back at the villa. The boys were so excited to see each other. I was pretty excited to see Jennifer as well! The military has brought us many friends but they seem to take them away just as quickly. I hope the kids realize how cool it is to have friends that live all over the world though!







Thank you Clarks for making this magical day have an even more magical ending! So glad we have more days at this paradise!



No comments:

Post a Comment