About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Vacation Day 2

Agenda for today... relax by the ocean ALL DAY LONG! We made no plans for today other than enjoying each other's company and soaking up as much sun and beach time as we can.
I always wish the kids somehow learn how to sleep in, but it never happens. Jayen was up early and came to snuggle with us in our room but what I saw when I came out of the room I wasn't even prepared for. Dalan and Brilyn used to be best friends but lately have been extremely good at getting on the other's nerves. But this morning they were cuddled up on the couch watching TV together. If this ocean air does this, we are moving here permanently!


Since we had a full kitchen we brought food with us so we wouldn't have to leave at all. I told you, it was a relax all day long kind of day! We had breakfast then got dressed to take a walk on the beach while it was a little too chilly to get into the water.










 I've honestly never seen so many smiles on the kids' faces. Jayen was in heaven! He didn't care for the waves coming anywhere close to him, but he understood them. He would run up and pull in as much water as he could into his squirt gun when the water retreated then rush back to "safety" so the next wave couldn't reach him. He giggled and squealed every time. He was even using his squirt gun to write his name in the sand. I guess we can say that running from the waves qualifies as PT, writing his name for OT, we just needed to find some speech goals.





After walking the beach for a couple hours we went back to the villa and got our stuff all packed. We even brought our pop-up canopy to spend the entire day on the beach. With the tent and chairs set up we stuck our toes in the sand and grabbed some cold ones. No place I'd rather be!





The day was filled with sun, sand and ocean water. We even found the lagoon and went swimming. When the sun started going down and the chill of the air from the ocean caught us we headed back to the villa to eat and play a game of monopoly. I seriously don't want to leave this place. This has been such a fun bonding vacation. I feel like we are connecting with one another in a way we couldn't at home. Oh, I wish we could stay but tomorrow we have some exciting things planned.


No comments:

Post a Comment