About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Vacation Day 3

Although we don't want to leave the beach, we really wanted to take the kids somewhere special. We didn't know how long dad would give us but we kept trying to convince him to stay one more night. He told his boss he would probably be back on Monday but was wondering if it was ok if he took one more day. We did our best to squeeze everything into our (hopefully not) last day in San Diego.
As we were heading out of town towards our next surprise we quickly realized that we didn't get a flat penny from Oceanside. An online search revealed there is only one place in town to get one and it was two exits back. A quick U-turn and a couple miles off track but we found the visitors center and located the flat penny machine. The volunteers kept asking what we were doing, where we were going, how long we had been here, etc. Matt told them where we were heading and one volunteer grabbed three Shamu key chains, gave them to the kids, and told them to have fun at SeaWorld. So thankful they were too busy trying to show us all the things they wanted to buy that they didn't hear her ruin the surprise.
I noticed a framed picture of the Oceanside peer and was so sad we didn't get a chance to see it. I asked how far away it was and the lady showed me on the map. It was less than a mile away. I know we wanted to get to our surprise, but we are so close. I may have sounded like the kids begging to buy every toy in the center but I REALLY wanted to go. My loving husband gave in and we drove to the peer.













I'm so glad we took the extra time to go. The kids loved seeing the pelican and even had the opportunity to feed him. They were all too scared since we just read them the sign that says he bites. We strolled as a family hand in hand to the end of the peer. We watched surfer in the water try to catch the perfect wave, fishermen casting their poles over the edges, and stopped for an amazing family selfie. As much as I think we could have stayed there for a large portion of the day, we really did have somewhere else we wanted to go. So back in the car!

When we pulled into the parking lot Dalan quickly read the sign and shouted, "SeaWorld! AWESOME!" We all were grinning with excitement.























The day was spent in awe of all the magical creatures. The shrills and giggles when they touched the stingrays, the oohs and ahhhs when the orca and dolphins jumped out of the water, the wonder and excitement in each of their eyes. Jayen's intense attention to the dolphin show was enough words for me to know how much he was enjoying his time at Sea World. As much as people say Disney World is the most magical place I feel in my kids' eyes this would rival that saying. We spent every second we could in the park. We were even able to stay for a Polynesian dance show where we saw a luau type fire dance. The show ended the same time the park was supposed to close. We drug our feet as we made our way toward the exit. We still hadn't fully convinced dad to allow us to stay the night. He was tired but thought we could just drive the 5 hours home. I didn't want this trip to end. I was able to call the lodging office at Marine base Miramar and they had room for us to stay. Matt reluctantly agreed. We stopped by IHOP for something to eat before making our way to the inn for the night. Dad picked up some gifts for each of the kids for them to use to remember him while he is gone. Dalan received a shark tooth necklace, Jayen a stuffed turtle with a baby riding on its back that squeaks, and Brilyn a dolphin tale necklace and bracelet set and they each received a special pen. They were pretty excited to use their new pens to write on the kids meal papers. I've never seen them work together like this before. I can't believe what a trip like this does for their friendship. We need to do this more often. Thanks so much daddy for letting us stay one more night. We don't want this to end and we aren't ready to give you up yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment