About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Happy Mother's Day!

Daddy is still gone so I knew not to expect much this Mother's Day, but to my surprise my friends Tina, Tori and Reagan made sure I felt special today. Tina had been planning something for a while now because she somehow managed to have each of the kids answer questions about me. She even had one of Jayen's therapists help out and get Jayen's answers. Then today she and Tori tracked me down on base to find me and give me the flowers the kids say I liked, the food they thought was my favorite (anything that doesn't make me fat, chocolate and tater tots) and the sweetest kindest note. Being a military spouse is no easy feat and being a mother of a special needs child isn't either. We are bonded by some amazing circumstances and I'm grateful. You truly made this day more special then I ever imagined. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!


I knew I would have to create my own fun today, so after church I made the kids take me out to eat to Pei Wei. They weren't the best of kids, but they weren't the worst either. I guess I'll take it as a win!




Although daddy couldn't be here and I couldn't be with my own mom, we made the best of today. These little munchkins are the reason I get to celebrate today and I wouldn't want to be without them. Happy Mother's Day to all the special moms out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment