About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Last Day of School

How can this be? How can another school year be complete? How can my baby almost be a first grader? I'm not sure I can deal with all of this!!!!  Even though dad is still gone and I'm doing this alone, I managed to get the official end of the year pictures in front of our door; it might have been a scramble, but we did it. 





Jayen really had some amazing support this year. His classroom teacher, Mrs. Mullins, tried to include him in most of the activities in the classroom. One of the activities she was working on she needed a little assistance from me. She sent home a note asking me to put some options on his communication device so he could tell her what he wanted to be when he grows up. I was asking Jayen and giving him options and we came up with pilot, garbage truck driver, basketball player and an airman. I really thought I knew what would be the winner, but I was completely blown away at home when he kept answering the same thing. I didn't say anything to school because I wanted to see if he would change it at all. I giggled when I was sent this photo today. He didn't change at all! He wants to be an airman, just like his daddy, when he grows up. I think he would make the best airman ever! I think he would learn a job and be able to do it proficiently. He would show up on time and he wouldn't be getting in trouble outside of work. Unfortunately, being an airman is one of those things I cried for when he was first diagnosed. I wasn't crying that he had epilepsy and my world would be infinitely harder, I cried and continue to cry because he isn't able to take advantage of all life has to offer. He will be denied many things because of his pre-existing condition. But I will promise to always give you every opportunity I can and make this life a happy one. 


Another one of the great supports Jayen had this year was his amazing para Mrs. Elise. Jayen and her really shared a super special bond. He begs to see her every morning and even on weekends. They even had a secret handshake and ended each day with it. I have loved having her as a second mom to Jayen. I know that he was in great hands with her and she tried to push him to achieve all he could. Thank you for loving my son like your own Elise. We will miss you this summer but can't wait to have you back next year!


I didn't get a picture with her and Jayen, but I also need to share another person who has been an amazing support for Jayen this year; Mrs. Lake. As a first year teacher in a special education classroom I cannot believe she not only survived this year but did an amazing job as well. Thank you Mrs. Lake for always being open to my crazy ideas and supporting my son. We are so proud to have you as his teacher and also look forward to having you again next year. 

This year may have been a struggle. We may have shed some tears here and there, but we made it out on the other side alive; a little taller and a little smarter! 

No comments:

Post a Comment