About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Monday, May 22, 2017

Water Day at School

I don't get a lot of opportunities to volunteer at the kids' school, so when this one came up and I could work out the details I jumped on the chance. The kindergarten classes were having a water day to celebrate the end of the school year. They needed parents to help run some of the activities. I was super excited to see Jayen but not be his shadow. I could watch from the shadows and see how he does with his friends. I wanted to see how he interacts with them. Who he interacts with. If his interactions are appropriate. I just wanted to know if my son had friends. True Friends.



At first Jayen avoided my station and kind of hid on the sidelines as to not get wet. When we were in between groups I would run over and try to convince him to get wet or get Ms. Elise wet. He loves his water squirter at home. Why wouldn't he use the one here? After a few rounds, the kids took a break for a drink and snack. Jayen found his friend Eli and sat by him. I knew Eli was a good friend and appreciate that he lives a couple houses down from us so Jayen can play with him outside of school. But other than Eli I didn't see a lot of friends talking to Jayen.


After snack was finished the kids found new stations again. I knew Jayen still hadn't been to mine, so I pulled him into another group and made him do it. The kids were cheering on their teammates and excited to keep the game going. It was fun to hear them chant Jayen's name. It was so nice seeing him be part of a team. 




After another break for lunch and some stolen selfies, it was time for mom to go. I wish that Jayen had more friends that asked him to join them, but I am thankful for the ones he does have. He seems to have some quality friends. There are even a few girls who are quite sweet towards him. One in particular thinks she will someday marry Jayen. Well I can't say I'm opposed, but you might need to move to Nebraska!!!! 



Such a fun day hanging with my little man! Hope I can do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment