About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Sunday, June 18, 2017

BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!

For my birthday I was also gifted a week ALONE!!! Truly the best gift I have ever received. I flew out on Monday, the day after my birthday, and didn't have to come back until Sunday. I was immediately greeted by two of my favorite people in the whole wide world; Renee and Nikki! Man I have missed these two. We were able to go out and celebrate with a few drinks late Monday night, then spent Tuesday poolside drinking mojitos and not listening to a single kid screaming!! GLORIOUS! Tuesday night I invited my closest friends out for dinner and drinks. Again, I didn't have to listen to anyone screaming mom! I ate my own food and drank my drinks while they were still cold. I was surrounded by my friends and couldn't have asked for anything more. 

















On Tuesday I needed to run out all of the drinks from the night before. I was able to run on trails I used to run multiple times a week. It was such an emotional run. I missed every step I had taken. I missed the creek, the planes flying overhead, the park, and Jayen's therapy. I was even able to stop in and say HI! I've really missed all of them. We practically live at therapy and so many of them became like family.


Then my mom and my sister came to town and we had to celebrate that with more drinks too!


On Wednesday, Mom, Allissa and I were able to spend the day dress shopping for Allissa's wedding dress. It was such a magical day and I'm so glad I was allowed to be part of it.


After a long day of shopping we all looked at our step count and knew we needed to add a few. And we knew where and what we wanted to eat so we needed to start walking immediately.


Then we ate! We ate at one of my favorite places and a place these two talk about often. We ate tacos!! Not just tacos, but the best tacos ever!


We may not have found THE dress that day, but the next day they took me to another salon and she sure found what she wanted there. Congratulations Allissa. I can't wait to stand by your side on your wedding day.


Friday night I was able to meet up with some more friends. I even spotted Matt's brother Adam, who of course, was a bad influence!





On Saturday, my brother Tyler married his girlfriend Sara. It was a beautiful ceremony and I'm glad I was able to be there for it. Congratulations you two!


Sunday morning came far too fast and early. We had to leave Wynot by 3AM. Dad, Mom and Allissa all came with to the airport. I didn't want to say goodbye. I didn't want to leave. But my family was missing me. So the tears came but the time didn't stop. I had to say goodbye and get on the plane. And just like that, I was back to reality. It was an amazing week but now I need to see what damage daddy did while I was gone.


No comments:

Post a Comment