About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Thursday, June 22, 2017

What a call!

I was trying to keep the kids' hands busy today so they wouldn't continue this summer fighting so we headed to the base pool. The heat here is too much for all of us. We even dropped off some popsicles to daddy at work for him and all of his workers. They appreciated the cold treat on such a hot day. While we were enjoying the pool I missed a phone call from Kelly from Make a Wish.




Since we were on base, I couldn't talk on the phone and drive at the same time. I sat in the parking lot and listened to the message. I immediately called Matt and told him he needed to meet up with us. We drove over to his office and had him listen to the message!
"Hi Nicole, This is Kate with Make a Wish Arizona. I'm calling to let you know that Jayen has been referred and approved to get a wish from us. So we just need to start the process with a phone call. Call us at xxx-xxx-xxxx we can get going on this. We hope to speak to you soon Nicole! Bye Bye"
What? Holy crap!!!! Are you kidding?  I really didn't expect this and especially this quickly. I can't wait! This is AMAZING!

I was able to call her back while Matt was in the car with us. We discussed Jayen and his diagnosis and the process going forward. She is going to email us some information and set up a phone interview for after we return from Nebraska.

This is beyond exciting and I can't wrap my brain around all of this. Everything he has gone through. Everything he continues to struggle with. Hopefully this will blow his mind and help him continue to get through all his doctor visits, therapies, and medical life.

No comments:

Post a Comment